Awarded annually, the Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellowship was created to honor the memory of gifted editor Karen Schmeer.
The deadline to apply is September 30, 2011. Please review the eligibility and application
requirements carefully, as they have changed since last year. The 2012 Fellow will be notified in January 2012.
Download the Application Form: PDF version or Microsoft Word version
The Fellowship is a year-long experience that encourages and champions the talent of an emerging editor. It creates opportunities to help cultivate an editor's artistry and craft, and expand his or her professional and creative community. The Fellowship includes:
- Mentorship with an ACE editor, tailored to the fellow's interests
- Full festival passes to ACE EditFest in New
York and Los Angeles
- Class at theManhattan Edit Workshop- an Apple, Adobe & Avid Authorized Training Center
- Film Badge with full film festival access to the SXSW Film Festival in Austin, Texas
- Chrome Pass with full festival access to the Independent Film Festival Boston
- Travel expenses to two of the aforementioned festivals/classes (airfare, 3 nights of hotel, per diems)
- Summer Series Triple Membership for Rooftop Films, NYC, plus a $1000 equipment rental credit
- Season Pass to Stranger Than Fiction at the IFC Center in NYC
- Year-long Membership to DocuClub in NYC
- $1000 cash award
- $500 online gift certificate to Powell's Books in Portland, Oregon (Karen's favorite)
For more information about Fellowship benefits and eligibility requirements, please visit the FAQ page.