Digital Security Training for Filmmakers
With increasing challenges to the privacy and security of filmmakers, do you know how to protect your digital communications and equipment? This half-day intensive, co-hosted by the International Documentary Association, ITVS and Freedom of the Press Foundation will provide how-to guides and resources for protecting your privacy in the age of mass surveillance.
From understanding encryption tools to password management, attendees will adopt tools and practices to protect their press freedoms.
Topics covered will include:
- Surveillance Self Defense
- E-mail Security Tips
- Mobile Security Prevention Tips
- Types of Passphrases
The 4 hour Intensive will include breaks and time for hands on instruction with workshop leaders. Participants are encouraged but not required to bring laptops and/or smart phones.
This intensive is ideal for:
- Filmmakers who need to protect their media or communications with sources
- Doc makers of all types who need an introduction or deeper dive into digital security
- Doc makers of all types that will benefit from hands on instruction with their devices
Special support provided by: