Posted: 04/29/2012 by Jen Longhurst
Beyond Productions are looking for an experienced story and people researcher, preferably with a journalistic background, to work on a social anthropology documentary series for National Geographic in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles.
Reporting to the Executive Producer and Series Producer, you will be responsible for:
• Identifying potential stories or story aspects.
• Finding and developing difficult characters with sensitive stories. - Thoroughly investigating background facts.
• Organising filming of key characters and locations.
• Writing clear briefs and treatments to deadlines
To be able to do all the above, you will need;
At least 2 years relevant research experience in long-form documentaries (this is not reality television).
• Journalistic background also considered.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• A willingness to leave the internet and get on the phone in search of contacts.
• A proactive, enthusiastic and determined approach. - Be flexible in working across different time zones.
• The ability to prioritise work to meet tight deadlines.
A sense of humour.
Apply immediately by sending your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Position available: Now
Applications Close: Friday 4th May 2012
Note: Only successful candidates chosen for the interview stage will be contacted.