Get the Magazine
Become an IDA member and receive a complimentary subscription.
- It's April, and the political season is in full swing as Americans explore the ideas, ethics and vision of a field of presidential hopefuls. For
- A review of Michael Donaldson's 'Clearance & Copyright: Everything the Independent Filmmaker Needs to Know,' 2nd Edition
- Returning from the 82nd Annual Inter-Tribal Indian Ceremonial in Gallup, New Mexico, in August 2002, with nine hours of DV-cam footage shot on my
- "The idea of OneWorldTV.net is to have a place where filmmakers and non-filmmakers alike can come to share stories—whether that's contributing
- It's been over a year since the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced a new set of rules for qualifying documentary features and
- In 1988, Amnesty International organized a concert tour to mark the 40th anniversary of the United Nations' Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- I have always considered myself privileged to have had my baptism of fire as an apprentice documentary filmmaker in the turbulent 1960s. It was a
- This is the best and worst of times for social documentarians. Never has it been easier or cheaper to make a social documentary than today. Many a
- "What was so unusual for the Women's Movement and filmmakers like myself," says Liane Brandon, recalling a period when both were just starting out, "
- By Belinda Baldwin and Robert Bahar It was during the height of America's post-war optimism when Richard Griffith, the American film historian who
- The New Americans , a Kartemquin Films documentary about immigration that airs on PBS from March 29-31, couldn't be more timely. From fear about
- Report on the 2003 IDFA Forum
- Dear IDA Members, Before I address you as your new president, I would like to say a few words about my predecessor, Michael Donaldson. About four