Get the Magazine
Become an IDA member and receive a complimentary subscription.
- As we enter the holiday season, IDA celebrates a banner year! Looking back at the challenges we've faced these past few years, which the Board of
- January 1, 2007I have always felt woefully ignorant of US history, mainly because I spent most of my time in high school classes nodding off, due to less-than-
- From Jennifer Baichwal's Manufactured Landscape , which won the Toronto-City Award for Best Canadian Feature Film at the Toronto International Film
- And the winner is...'Angel's Fire (Fuego de Angel).'
- And the winner is...'Iraq In Fragments'
- 2006 IDA Preservation & Scholarship Award
- Jacqueline Donnet Emerging Documentary Filmmaker Award
- A short strand of wooden camel carts moseys through a panorama of cracked, empty desert. The carts bear surprisingly light loads considering that
- From Vicky Funari and Sergio De La Torre's Maquilapolis . Courtesy of MadCat Women's International Film Festival Opening night of the MadCat Women's
- Photo by Mark S. Wexler I was in Vietnam with Jane Fonda and Tom Hayden shooting a documentary. I was filming a peasant working in a field when he
- Andrew Berends, the recipient of the 2006 Courage Under Fire Award, traveled to Iraq in March 2004, intending to get a behind-the-scenes look at what
- Editor’s Note: On October 1 at the Lakeside Theater in Oakland, IDA will present a special Bay Area edition of its Conversation Series, featuring The
- There is one that film keeps my dreams alive for a better, peaceful, more just world--one to which I go back often in these dark days. It is Chile ,