Get the Magazine
Become an IDA member and receive a complimentary subscription.
Distinguished Documentary Achievement Jan/Feb 2008
We close out our 25th Anniversary with one of our time-honored traditions: the honoring of select films and individuals that have helped enliven and enrich the documentary form.
- A year-end address, and a wish-list for IDA.
- On the 2007 IDA Documentary Awards.
- An interview with Alan Ett.
- A look at the documentary community in Central and Eastern Europe, with a particular focus on the Czech Republic.
- A profile on the IDA Preservation and Scholarship Award winner, National Geographic Digital Motion.
- New Executive Director Looks Ahead
- A wrap-up of films, filmmaker comments and more.
- Follow the career of the 2007 IDA Career Achievement Award winner
- A profile of cinematographer Buddy Squires.
- Ted Braun was the winner of the 2007 Jacqueline Donnet Emerging Documentary Filmmaker Award.
- Alex Gibney's 'Taxi to the Dark Side' takes an unflinching look at the Bush administration's policy on torture.
- 'Banished' uncovers a buried chapter in American history--when, from reconstruction through the post-World War I era, African-American communities in the South were forced off their lanbd and out of their homes.
- South African filmmakers Arya Lalloo and Feizel Mamdoo reflect on the inaugural People to People International Documentary Conference, held in Johannesburg.
- A profile of the 2008 Pioneer Award honoree Paula S. Apsell, executive producer of NOVA.