Get the Magazine
Become an IDA member and receive a complimentary subscription.
- Back in 1983 I was living in San Francisco, and I read in the newspaper one day about a new documentary called The Atomic Café that had just opened.
- On the making of the PBS production 'Japan: Memoirs of a Secret Empire'
- It's time to take Understanding Media (1964) and The Medium Is the Message (1967) off the shelf and reread them. If you haven't delved into Marshall
- What is a documentary film but the search for a truth or a representation of reality, past and present? In this pursuit, a director can take any
- Amalgam , combination , composite and compound are synonyms for hybrid . The identification of something by classification is as a way of
- Ayuko Babu's passion for international cinema began when he was 13 years old. On the way home from playing basketball one summer with friends in
- Documentary filmmakers have been blowing smoke—figuratively and sometimes literally—right from the beginning. For their 1898 re-creation of the
- On Simon Pummell's 'Bodysong'
- The Five Obstructions turns the concept of documentary on its ear, then spins it around. Though billed as a documentary, The Five Obstructions is a
- Dear IDA Members: I have just returned from MIP and MIPDOC in Cannes. These two events really are the center of the international broadcast