Affordable | Easy to work with | Fast turn around | World class production | Award winning music |
I look forward to working with you and contributing to your vision and production!
David Frederick is an Emmy-nominated composer who, with years of award-winning work as a composer, continues to inspire audiences through his music and creativity.
In a career that has earned him an Emmy nomination, critical acclaim, and numerous awards, he has proven himself to be a versatile composer in a wide range of musical styles and context. David has earned a reputation as an exceptional collaborator, making him a top choice for producers and directors.
David combines his broad-based musical experience, training, and a strong knowledge of contemporary sounds to easily adapt to any assignment. His true genius lies in the fact that he instinctively has a deep understanding of what the core and emotion of a production is and consequently produces music that is perfectly suited. David is further noted for his gift of unique composition styles, haunting melodies, and support of filmmaker's vision.
David describes his passion for the film making process, "I believe that music is one of the most important tools in a filmmaker's toolbox. That's why I am so passionate about the film scoring process. It's not about the biggest names or the latest technology. It's really about the willingness to listen to the filmmaker and understand how music, in whatever style, should serve and support the story. It's about being a partner and collaborator in the creative process. It's about being easy to work with. It's about years of award-winning experience honing a craft, and it's about being able to deliver a world-class production on time, on budget, and on target."
David started playing keyboards at two years old, performed concerts around the world at age seven and released his first record at 16. He grew up in New England and comes from a musical family. His grandfather was a guitar player for Gene Autry's Cowboy Band and an artist in his own right, and David's father is an award-winning keyboardist and former pioneer at ARP synthesizers. David's career has led him around the world working in many genres with many of the world's leading artists, producers and performers as a keyboardist, producer, programmer, and sound designer. David attended the world-renowned Berklee College of Music in Boston, under the Chick Corea Jazz Masters Scholarship.
No matter the genre, medium, or venue, David displays boundless enthusiasm with the ability to engage and connect with the listener through his talent for crafting evocative and memorable new music worlds.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT DAVID'S WORK:
* "A true musical talent! Creative, personable, easy to work with and a composer who delivers world-class music and vision! A rare combination in today's film and television composers." - The Late Frank Capra, Jr. - Cape Fear Film Works
* "I wanted to thank you for the outstanding contribution you and your people made to our PBS documentary, The Last Covered Bridges of Pennsylvania. With your beautiful compositions, I was finally able to produce the documentary I've always wanted to do. No wonder it was nominated for an Emmy!" - John Jones, Executive Producer and Director
* "David's music was awesome, everyone was blown away!" - Steve Kownacki, President Final Focus Productions, Inc.
* "David's art and artistry are top draw. They are world class!" - Rusty Richards, Producer Ascension Multimedia, Inc.
* "David Frederick is professional, his work is high quality, and he makes the process enjoyable. I highly recommend David to anyone needing professional music, composition, sound design and production for film or television!" - Michael Endy, Director JPL Productions, Inc.