Get the Magazine
Become an IDA member and receive a complimentary subscription.
- As a documentary producer/director for almost two decades, I have had the opportunity to experience first-hand the meteoric evolution of technology
- The Academy Award is widely regarded as the ultimate achievement in filmmaking. In the case of the documentary categories, winning can catapult a
- Oliver Stone's films have been lighting rods for controversy, particularly when he's fictionalized real events (consider the responses to Salvado r,
- April 1, 2003And the winners are...'Bowling for Columbine' and 'Twin Towers.'
- For the last three years, a highlight for documentarians at the Sundance Film Festival has been the House of Docs, a community space designed to
- When the Slamdance Film Festival debuted in 1995, there were 12 features and 12 shorts programmed out of a mere 40 submissions. A motley group of
- Dear IDA Members: Once again, the Oscars Reception turned out to one of the highlights of the crazy awards season. Special thanks go to chair Rick
- For filmmakers, the changes at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences may seem a little mind-bending. There are new rules regarding