Get the Magazine
Become an IDA member and receive a complimentary subscription.
- While most attention at this time of year is focused on the Academy Award nominees, they're not the only awards handed out that honor documentaries.
- This past December, former IDA Board Member Marina Goldovskaya received the 2005 Laurel Prize, the Lifetime Achievement Award for the Art of
- Legendary documentary maker Frederick Wiseman received an Award of Distinction from the American Society of Cinematographers (ASC) at the 20th Annual
- And the winners are..."March of the Penguins" and "A Note of Triumph: The Golden Age of Norman Corwin."
- The public's insatiable appetite for "reality" entertainment is transforming the market for documentary talent. Even professionals with the purest
- The sit-down strike of 27 prisoners at the Presidio Army Stockade following the killing of a prisioner by a guard. From Zeiger's Sir! No Sir! .
- From Mighty Time Volume 2: The Children's March . Courtesy of Tell the Truth Pictures Can we establish standards for an ethical documentary practice
- On Jeff Feurzeig's 'The Devil and Daniel Johnston.'
- Lt. Robert Drew and war correspondent Ernie Pyle. Poster for Robert Drew's From Two Men and a War . Photo: Drew Associates Almost 50 years after
- Kief Davidson and Richard Ladkani's 'The Devil's Miner.'
- From Kevin Macdonald's 2004 film Touching the Void , the only documentary to have won any of the top Orange British Academy Film Awards in the past
- From the film Massacre at Mystic , of the year 1637, when the Pequots in New England were the strongest Native American group in the region. Part of
- The Truth and reality...
- On DocuWeeks, DocuDay and the Academy Awards.