Get the Magazine
Become an IDA member and receive a complimentary subscription.
- The Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) celebrated its 30th anniversary with some 33 docs in the Refracting Reality section, 13 of them
- Slowly the signs are going up. I saw the first one a few weeks ago. It said, "Due to new security regulations, there is no use of camcorders or
- The Moving Image: The Journal of the Association of Moving Image Archivists Volume 4, Number 1 (Spring 2004) University of Minnesota Press 176 pps.
- Recently my company, HD Studios, contacted to co-produce a half-hour high-definition (HD) television series entitled Journey to Hollywood. Each of
- In its sophomore year, Silverdocs—based at the American Film Institute Theater in Silver Spring, Maryland, and co-sponsored by AFI and Discovery
- On the historic midnight of August 14 and 15, 1947, India became independent from British rule. First Indian Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru's speech
- With the popularity of Fahrenheit 9/11 and Super Size Me , it would be understandable for documentarians to think that in order to have a successful
- While the network news divisions pared down their coverage of the Democrat and Republican Conventions this year, over 50 documentary filmmakers
- What draws acclaim to the prize-winning documentary In Good Conscience: Sister Jeannine Gramick's Journey of Faith is not so much its surface anti-
- "Can it be that it was all just a dream?" So opens Michael Moore's blockbuster documentary, Fahrenheit 9/11 . For the documentary world, that
- Shola Lynch, director of Chisholm '72: Unbought and Unbossed , has had an ongoing discussion about the nature of remembrance with her father, a
- "Truth is the first casualty of war," the old adage says. And in the case of the war in Iraq it is alarmingly accurate. Documentarians have stepped