Field Diversity and Inclusion
- December 16, 2020This year’s virtual gathering of Getting Real ‘20 called for the redistribution of power within documentary practice and the removal of barriers
- November 20, 2020“When you are a member of a marginalized community, most film and television is not made with you in mind. And so, if you are a person of color, an
- October 2, 2020On Day 3 of Getting Real ‘20 , we joined the breakout session “ Counteracting Extractive Storytelling In The American South And In Global Communities
- July 29, 2020I am a white female filmmaker, a director of documentary films. Women, especially white women, have traditionally done better in documentaries than
- July 2, 2020Narrative justice demands that those closest to the problem define that problem. This necessarily means a rearrangement of who stands behind the camera, but also requires tools to advance responsible, accountable filmmaking no matter the filmmaker.
- November 1, 2019The team behind Getting Real ’18 made a bold statement on commitment to inclusion and representation by programming three #DecolonizeDocs panels—