Protecting and advancing the legal rights of documentary filmmakers is central to the International Documentary Association's mission. IDA is at the forefront of numerous major issues confronting documentary artists, activists and journalists. Recent efforts have focused on promoting net neutrality, fair use and government arts funding, as well as defending filmmakers’ first amendment rights.
Read a note from IDA Board President Marjan Safinia about IDA's extensive advocacy efforts.
- March 31, 2017URGENT! This week, public broadcasting came under attack from several members of Congress, who criticized a wide range of documentaries on PBS,
- March 20, 2017URGENT! If you care about the National Endowment for the Arts, the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- March 16, 2017The International Documentary Association expresses profound dismay at the recent proposed federal budget eliminating funding for the National
- December 14, 2016December 14, 2016 Public Relations Department Corporate Communications Division Canon One Canon Park Melville, NY 11747 Dear Canon, We, the
- October 10, 2016The Civil Rights Division of the U.S. Department of Justice has responded to the IDA's recent Statement in Support of #RightToRecord , which called