Get the Magazine
Become an IDA member and receive a complimentary subscription.
- I'm fascinated by sound and how it can transform a documentary program. The creative sound concepts that excite me most are usually the more specific
- It's one of the longest running festivals in the United States—and one of the biggest. And in its 29 years, the Seattle International Film Festival (
- If you want to see the future of documentary film, hang out with a 13-year-old for a while. I've just spent the past two weeks prowling my
- Mark Moskowitz was in one of the last remaining independent bookstores in a mall, when he first came across International Documentary . He flipped
- In 1998, when production began on Bonhoeffer ( www.Bonhoeffer.com ), I felt confident that we had an intriguing historical documentary. Dietrich
- Digital projection of video has been with us for some years, but has yet to attain wide acceptance in movie theaters. Initially, there were three
- "One night in 1997, I was watching a documentary about Philo Farnsworth, the inventor of television, on American Experience ," says David Strohmaier
- For a filmmaker, there's nothing like watching one's film unspool in a theater. My partner, Suki Hawley, and I recently made a documentary called
- Last year Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine created a lot of waves, one of the biggest of which was that of money; the film became the highest
- One of the most eagerly awaited documentaries of the year may also be one of the most controversial. The Blues , the seven-part, ten-and-a-half-hour
- The bigger the image, the bigger the impact," says Robert Dennis. "Filmmakers have been experimenting with large format since the early days of
- August 1, 2003Documentary shorts (40 minutes or less) represent a gem of a genre, yet it is so difficult for them to find their place in the world of American
- American Splendor , a feature film written and directed by Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini, is based on the award-winning autobiographical
- While it's been refreshing over the past year to see a relative proliferation of documentaries in commercial theaters, the operative word is still "
- Dear IDA Members: The International Documentary Association has many objectives, but none is more important than encouraging the theatrical
- On theatrical exhibition...