Get the Magazine
Become an IDA member and receive a complimentary subscription.
Sports Docs Rule the Waves July 2004
In this issue, we take a look at this category that has enabled us to re-imagine sports in a new way—as a prism through which we try to understand the human experience.
- The power of pictures can no longer be denied. Maybe in the past, if you had a television station, movie theater, cable network or a newspaper... You
- A review of Carole Lee Dean's 'The Art of Funding: Alternative Financing Concepts'
- I think the best description I've heard of the RealScreen Summit is that it resembles the now iconographic "bar scene" in the first Star Wars movie—
- Government elections and cultural events don't always go hand in hand. This year's Thessaloniki Documentary Film Festival in Greece was rescheduled
- On 'Super Size Me' and 'The Corporation'
- Full Frame Documentary Film Festival is arguably the Cannes of documentary film festivals. It has always been a very polished organization, largely
- Over the past five or six years, two of the leading national sports networks—ESPN and Fox Sports Net—have developed documentary series that have
- Although surfing has been around for 1,500 years, its documentation on film didn't crystallize until the 1950s, when such California-based wave-
- Dear IDA Members: Giving your time.... As many of us punch through our day-to-day routines of phone calls, emails and FedEx deliveries, once in while