Simon Says & Tabitha Talks
In this year's NEW Simon Says & Tabitha Talks, Simon Kilmurry, Executive Director of IDA and Tabitha Jackson, Director of Sundance Institute's Documentary Film Program will host a series of brief (8 minute max.) presentations to evoke out-of-the-box creative ideas, bold models and distinct perspectives in the areas of sustainability, art and diversity.
The Getting Real Programming Team is opening a call for submissions so that anyone can submit an ORIGINAL idea and fantastic presentation format. TWO slots will be given to submitted presentations.
What we're looking for:
- BOLD ideas, models or perspectives that can help shape the documentary industry moving forward
- Key takeaways and lessons based on factual evidence OR personal narratives that engage and entertain
- Strong storytelling, strong visuals, and theatrical presentations (tech capabilities available)
Who can submit:
Documentary filmmakers, creators, buyers, film professionals, curators, or anyone with a keen interest in the documentary space. Anyone who has something to contribute to our industry that we haven’t heard before. Anyone who wants to be an active participant and contributor to the conversations at the heart of the Getting Real 16 Conference. In short, ANYONE.
- Submissions open: Thursday July 14th
- Deadline: August 5th, 2016 (Only the first 50 applications will be reviewed)
- Selected speakers will be notified by August 31st, 2016
- Selected speakers will be chosen by the Getting Real Programming Team and selection committee
- Selected speakers will receive a complimentary pass to the Conference and one night hotel stay at the W Hollywood (for out-of-towners.) Please note travel is not provided.
How to Submit
Please fill out our short form that includes:
- A brief summary of the presentation idea (150 words)
- One sentence on why it's imperative that attendees at Getting Real should hear this talk
- A short bio (150 words)
- A link to a video or audio clip that highlights your speaking and presentation skills (It can be recorded specifically for this submission or can be from past speaking engagements such as an interview, keynote, podcast, panel, etc. Selection committee will review the first two minutes. Must be a streamable link, and not a downloadable file.)
For more information, please email: email@example.com.