Get the Magazine
Become an IDA member and receive a complimentary subscription.
- Dear IDA Community: I can vividly recall my first political moment, when, amid a snowstorm, we were sent home early from school. My Papa gathered us
- Fernando Birri, the founder of modern Argentine--as well as Latin American-- documentary cinema, defined the enemy as "subcinema." His 1962 Manifesto
- It was a brisk February night in Brooklyn, and, as it is most nights, the club Southpaw was packed with moving bodies, musicians on the stage and
- The Rhetoric of the New Political Documentary Edited by Thomas W. Benson and Brian J. Snee Southern Illinois University Press, Carbondale 2008 226
- There is a lesson to be learned from Charles Guggenheim's Academy-Award-winning documentary eulogy, Robert Kennedy Remembered , shown to an invited
- Eloquent and poetic yet devastatingly real, The Betrayal (Nerakhoon) is a deeply moving, personal film culminating from two decades of ideas and
- Religulous , the forthcoming documentary directed by Larry Charles ( Borat ; Curb Your Enthusiasm ) and produced by and starring humorist/pundit Bill
- Two docs about voter fraud.
- By Taylor Segrest Regardless of your party affiliation, whether you remember him as the most evil man in America, a great American, or just plain don
- While many bemoan the state of theatrical documentary distribution, filmmaker and political activist Robert Greenwald has turned the situation to his
- As American Experience celebrates its 20th Anniversary, one of the greatest legacies of the compelling, multiple-award-winning history series has
- A look back at The Man from Hope
- Political conventions are a natural subject for documentarians. High stakes, inherent drama and charismatic characters are just a few of the
- There's a scene in Robert Penn Warren's All the King's Men where Willie Stark, the Huey Long character running as the reform candidate for Governor