Get the Magazine
Become an IDA member and receive a complimentary subscription.
- On Monday, November 16, filmmaker Renee Tajima-Peña will be in conversation with Turner Classic Movies' Ben Mankiewicz to discuss her decades-long
- " It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive and probing when every 12 minutes one is interrupted by 12 dancing
- It is one of the largest film festivals in Africa. It requires a visa to travel there, as well as a vaccination for yellow fever. You will also need
- If you work in contemporary or historical documentary or satire, chances are you've asked about rights: "Can I use this shot?" "Whom do I pay?" "Can
- On Rory Kennedy's 'Pandemic: Facing AIDS'
- You've done it. You've run the funding gauntlet, overcome colossal obstacles in pre-production and tackled the challenges of production. As you rest
- Offering a full ten-day program of high-quality documentaries, the fifth Thessaloniki Documentary Film Festival—"Images of the 21st Century," held in
- "If this piece of film dies, a human thought dies with it. If I can do something to preserve that thought, isn't it worth doing?" That observation
- Dear IDA Members, Writing for the media arts industry can be a noble and ennobling profession, and can be a lucrative one as well. But when writing
- In April 2002, I was videotaping an animal rights protest in Beverly Hills, California, for an independent documentary I am producing titled Chattel