Get the Magazine
Become an IDA member and receive a complimentary subscription.
From the Field to the Red Carpet Mar/Apr 2007
In this issue, we examine, through various players in the documentary community, the
process and cost of qualifying one's documentary for Academy Award consideration.
- Left to right: Sam, Harry, Jack and Albert Warner -- the four Warner Brothers. Courtesy of Cass Warner When Cass Warner squeezed her beloved
- Couldn't make it to this year's Sundance Film Festival? Never fear; you'll soon be able to check out the latest Sundance content on the phone tucked
- A review of Marina Goldavskaya's 'Woman with a Movie Camera'
- Reports of a film festival can lapse into a list of titles. For the Jihlava (Czech Republic) International Festival of Documentary Films ( www.
- From Pernille Rose Gronkjaer's The Monastery: Mr. Vig & the Nun , which won the Joris Ivens Feature Award at the 2006 IDFA. Along with
- Alan Berliner in his studio in the middle of the night, from his film Wide Awake , which airs on HBO. Courtesy of Alan Berliner Some people count
- Surviving Distribution Bankruptcies, Birthing Babies and My Debut on 'Celebrity Justice'
- In 2001, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' Board of Governors voted to establish a Documentary Branch--some 60 years after the first
- 'Addiction,' a nine-part series, features the work of some of the greatest documentary makers working today.
- The Sundance Film Festival and the Academy Awards
- A new year at IDA...