Get the Magazine
Become an IDA member and receive a complimentary subscription.
Docs on Demand! Welcome to the Future of Distribution
Plus: It's 'California and the American Dream'
Shana Hagan Stays Focused
Sundance, Real Screen, DocPoint Festivals
- You may recall that the IDA joined a number of other independent film organizations to work with the US Copyright bOffice on the knotty problem of "
- It was great to be back in the crisp winter clime in New York City last December, where nearly 200 individuals who produce, manage, promote or
- You may not know what cinematographer Shana Hagan looks like, but it's likely you've seen her work. One of the first widely acclaimed projects she
- Making User Generated Content work for you.
- A look at the distribution market, circa 2006.
- DocPoint Helsinki Documentary Film Festival ( www.docpoint.info ) is full of surprises. Who would think to go to Finland for discovery of new
- Dear IDA Community: I once read that "A good business or community is a group of people moving together--different genders, ethnicities, strengths,
- One of the biggest trends in the theater world over the past few years has been "the movical," the creation of stage musicals based on previously
- Did you know there are thousands of orphaned children living in Rwanda? Or that quadriplegic rugby players compete all over the world in wheelchairs
- California is a state of dichotomies. Home to the world's tallest trees, it's also where logging efforts perpetually threaten to cut them down. The
- There's a moment in Marco Williams' 1992 film, In Search of Our Fathers, that changed my life. I was a photographer when I saw the film. I had just