Get the Magazine
Become an IDA member and receive a complimentary subscription.
- On tax issues...and two deaths in the documentary family.
- 'The Last Mountain' is the winner of the 2011 Pare Lorentz Award.
- The Spanish translation of Chris Palmer's essay.
- A review of 'The Technique of Film & Video Editing: History, Theory and Practice, 5th Edition'
- A lesbian couple shares heartfelt feelings about motherhood. Scientists separate fact from fiction about the abilities of robots. A racecar driver
- Richard "Ricky" Leacock, who, with Robert Drew, Albert Maysles and DA Pennebaker, helped revolutionize documentary filmmaking with a dynamic,
- Looking at nature/wildlife filmmaking programs in academia.
- Editor's Note: To the Arctic 3D , the latest from MacGillivrary Freeman Films , opens April 20 in select IMAX theaters across the country through
- The late philosopher/deconstructionist Jacques Derrida once referred to the animal species as the "ends of man...an existence that refuses to be
- One can choose from a myriad of entertainment experiences these days, ranging from online computer games to outdoor theme parks. But with all this
- As an 11-year old in 1958, I watched the Disney film White Wilderness . We see a cute little bear cub lose its footing on a steep, snow-covered