Audience Engagement Master Class with Sonya Childress
How can filmmakers develop powerful, strategic audience engagement campaigns? Which tools help take their message beyond the screen to raise awareness and inspire social change? Join us for an illuminating Audience Engagement Master Class with Firelight Media’s Director of Partnership and Engagement, Sonya Childress. In addition to being the Director of Firelight’s Impact Producer Fellowship, Sonya has over 15 years of experience applying documentary as a tool to shift narratives and support social justice coalition building. Using the Emmy and IDA Award nominated film The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution as a case study, Sonya will provide a step by step guide to creating a multi-platform campaign that motivates audiences and communities to take action and create change.
Topics covered will include:
- Essential elements of an impact campaign.
- How to design an impact campaign and set realistic goals.
- Identifying audiences.
- Ways to energize organizations and influencers around your film.
This class is ideal for:
- Seasoned producers seeking to expand their films impact opportunities.
- Doc makers of all types looking to broaden the audience reach of their film.
- Film students and recent film school graduates who want to supplement their education with hands-on expert advice.