Protecting and advancing the legal rights of documentary filmmakers is central to the International Documentary Association's mission. IDA is at the forefront of numerous major issues confronting documentary artists, activists and journalists. Recent efforts have focused on promoting net neutrality, fair use and government arts funding, as well as defending filmmakers’ first amendment rights.
- December 4, 2019Today, IDA and Doc Society , with support from the Knight First Amendment Institute and the Brennan Center for Justice , filed a lawsuit against the
- July 5, 2019By Bruce D. Brown and Simon Kilmurry In August, as many as 100 officers from the Durham Constabulary in England and the Police Service of Northern
- May 2, 2019Bakur , which translates to “North” in English, is a documentary made with inside access to the Kurdish separatist group, PKK, who are considered a
- May 1, 2019The Honorable Kevin K. McAleenan Acting Secretary U.S. Department of Homeland Security Washington, D.C. 20528 Dear Acting Secretary McAleenan: We are
- April 23, 2019Today, IDFA and IFFR issue a joint statement that calls for the immediate release of imprisoned Myanmar filmmaker and festival director Min Htin Ko Ko Gyi. We urge you to read the statement and sign your name below.