About the Project
Docbloc was founded in 2021 by Ash Marinaccio with the mission of experimenting with documentary form and bringing together artists working across documentary genres for conversation and collaborations in live performance. Docbloc believes in the power of documentary storytelling and that solidarity is created when artistic movements are connected and collaborations are fostered.
– to experiment with documentary form and bring together artists working across documentary genres in theatre, photography, film for conversation and collaborations in live performance
– to explore intersections between theatre, lived experiences, and journalism
– to build a community of multi-disciplinary artists working across documentary genres
– to create documentary work across platforms, in-person and online
– to use multiple techniques to capture and tell stories in order to portray the complexities of lived experiences
– to work in partnership with communities in bringing live performance to spaces where it is not often used as a tool for activism