- January 7, 2022This past year, a respected colleague who had attended many industry events with executives from public television noted to me how, "They choose not
- October 7, 2020 @
In this moment of increasing monopolization by commercial networks and distributors, what lessons can today’s filmmakers learn from the economic, political, and social conditions that brought about public media in the 1960s and ITVS in the 1980s? This panel brought together filmmakers and public...
- March 20, 2017URGENT! If you care about the National Endowment for the Arts, the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- March 16, 2017The International Documentary Association expresses profound dismay at the recent proposed federal budget eliminating funding for the National
- August 9, 2016The Israel Broadcasting Authority , the state’s longtime public broadcasting network, was scheduled to close this coming fall, making way for an
- May 20, 2016When we think of documentary, we might not immediately consider its broader uses in transmedia and digital applications. For example, Tracy Fullerton
- May 26, 2015As I was putting together this quarter’s grants and opportunities blog post , I was made aware of an outstanding response posted in one of our
- June 3, 2014Have you ever wished for a direct line to a funder? IDA is launching a new initiative called #FunderFriday that makes your wish come true. Our
- April 25, 2012Several PBS programs and other organizations to be severely effected by these funding cuts.