IDA Documentary Awards
- November 16, 2019Since its founding in 2006, Cinereach has grown from a foundation formed to support independent filmmakers through grants, to an award-winning funder
- November 16, 2019The Emerging Documentary Filmmaker Award was established in 2003 to honor an individual who has made "a significant impact at the beginning of his or
- November 16, 2019We most often associate the radical activism of the 1960s and 1970s with people of color, students, women and veterans organizing to make systemic
- October 23, 2019
Los Angeles, C.A. (October 23, 2019) – The International Documentary Association (IDA) has announced the 35th Annual IDA Documentary Awards Nominees. The IDA also announced the Courage Under Fire...
- October 10, 2019
Los Angeles, C.A. (October 10, 2019) – The International Documentary Association (IDA) has announced the 35th Annual IDA Documentary Awards shortlists for the Best Feature and Best Short...
- October 7, 2019
Los Angeles, CA (October 7, 2019) - The International Documentary Association (IDA) has announced the 35th Annual IDA Documentary Awards honorees. The 2019 Awards will be presented during a...
- September 24, 2019Thirty-seven years since IDA was launched, the documentary form has soared in popularity, keeping us attuned, informed and endlessly curious. Not
- November 16, 2018Chicken & Egg Pictures, which was founded in 2005 by Judith Helfand, Julie Parker Benello, and Wendy Ettinger to support women documentarians, is the recipient of this year’s IDA Amicus Award, which goes to an individual or organization that has been a great supporter, financially or otherwise, of documentary filmmaking. Documentary spoke with Wolfson via email about how she came to Chicken & Egg, the future of the organization, and how Chicken & Egg has impacted the film industry.