- March 4, 2021Looking Back—2020 The Sundance Film Festival is the largest and, arguably, the most prestigious festival in the country. The job of the Sundance
- February 6, 2021Criminal prosecutions and civil litigation can make compelling subjects for documentarians. Indeed, documentary films that have used legal cases as a
- January 15, 2021 @
The IDA is honoring Maria Ressa and the Philippines-based online news network Rappler with the 2020 Truth to Power Award. The honorary award recognizes an individual or institution that has shown conspicuous fortitude, tenacity and resoluteness in holding those in power to account. Rappler has...
- January 12, 2021Maria Ressa is an institution unto herself. She has long been a household name in her native Philippines, with nearly two decades serving as CNN’s
- October 29, 2020At Double Exposure Investigative Film Festival , come for the recent festival winners that share a common DNA: investigative journalism. And stay for
- October 24, 2020By Julie Angell, Steven C. Beer & Neil J. Rosini
- August 26, 2020The most nerve-wracking sequence in David France’s Welcome to Chechnya is, without doubt, the rescue of Anya.
- August 18, 2020During this unprecedented period of the coronavirus pandemic, people have had to lean more and more on the use of technology for daily interactions
- June 30, 2020Cutting Class is a new column that focuses on a specific aspect of the post-production process—breaking down a scene editorially, and delving into