- July 1, 2008A short primer on music licensing, clearances and rights.
- July 1, 2008One overlooked, but quite crucial element in a documentary, is its music. A well-crafted score can make a difference in the shape, mood, pacing,
- August 31, 2006When Elvis Costello and Allen Toussaint found themselves performing together in a number of Hurricane Katrina benefits shortly after the storm left
- July 31, 2006Some know Rosie Perez best for her distinctive, award-nominated performances in such films as Fearless and The 24-Hour Woman ; others will forever
- May 31, 2006From the musical Grey Gardens, based on the documentary by Albert and David Maysles, Ellen Hovde and Muffie Meyer, the musical had its world premiere
- January 31, 2006After scoring a hit with Grizzly Man and garnering a standing ovation at the Toronto Film Festival screening of Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man , Lions
- June 30, 2005This past year has been a watermark year for documentarians, with documentaries moving more and more into the mainstream of public awareness and
- June 30, 2005Editor’s Note: On September 28 at the Linwood Dunn Theater in Los Angeles, IDA will present Alex Gibney in conversation with Turner Classic Movies