African American Media
- January 18, 2021“We are not makers of history. We are made by history” —Martin Luther King Jr. MLK/FBI , currently streaming via IFC Films, is director Sam Pollard’s
- January 5, 2021Sam Pollard has spent the last four decades crafting stories primarily detailing the African American experience—stories that reveal complex
- December 11, 2020Before the coronavirus crisis, the “essential worker”—flexible shorthand for the anonymous, hardworking, underpaid populace that allow our country (
- October 23, 2020Stanley Nelson and Marcia Smith are celebrating 20 years of building Firelight Media into a company that tells eloquent stories about Black people,
- October 7, 2020There is not a moment when Garrett Bradley’s Time could not be considered timeless. But the fact that this story is as relevant today is a tragic
- September 25, 2020This month, we’re featuring one of our newest Organizational Members, Black Documentary Collective (BDC). BDC was founded by the late, great
- September 9, 2020Lisa Cortés and Liz Garbus’ new documentary 'All In: The Fight for Democracy,' explores the long history of voter suppression in the USA, with Georgia's 2018 governor race as a focal point.
- September 8, 2020 @
Co-presented with BADWest, this two-hour master class offers an up-close-and-personal look at how celebrated director Stanley Nelson has managed to build such an impactful and prolific career in documentary. The Master Class feature clips...
- August 20, 2020Reclaiming and reshaping narrative around Black women by Black women is liberatory work, and is what Oge Egbuonu executes so carefully and lovingly