Accuracy, facts and fairness are hallmarks of nonfiction storytelling and sacrosanct in journalism. Documentary filmmakers are obliged to follow local, state and federal laws and may be subject to legal complaints and lawsuits. In the early civil discovery process, depositions are held out-of-...
- April 1, 2019 @
- January 31, 2019Editor’s Note: Orwa Nyrabia is the artistic director of International Documentary Filmmaker Amsterdam (IDFA). He was born in Syria, where, in 2002,
- January 30, 2019Transcription of Michele Stephenson's Keynote address from Getting Real '18.
- November 26, 2018Mixed reality, artificial intelligence and other innovations are rapidly shifting the landscape of media and society. As storytellers, we have a
- October 31, 2018As a documentary filmmaker with one project in distribution, one in post and one in development, it felt like a perfect moment to attend IDA’s
- October 26, 2018Reenactments have been a part of documentary since the very beginning of the form: Robert Flaherty's seminal 1922 film Nanook of the North , arguably
- October 19, 2018Alain Resnais said about Night and Fog , "I want to address the viewer in a critical state…to create a space for contemplation." In the Getting Real
- October 17, 2018Getting Real 2018 used complementary sessions to examine documentaries as tools for public knowledge and action as well as the policies, best