Protecting and advancing the legal rights of documentary filmmakers is central to the International Documentary Association's mission. IDA is at the forefront of numerous major issues confronting documentary artists, activists and journalists. Recent efforts have focused on promoting net neutrality, fair use and government arts funding, as well as defending filmmakers’ first amendment rights.
- August 1, 2017On February 10, 2017, the National Endowment for the Arts and the International Documentary Association hosted a one-day Documentary Sustainability
- June 23, 2017Two filmmakers from Mumbai are facing difficulties in screening their film An Insignificant Man in India despite the many international screenings
- March 31, 2017URGENT! This week, public broadcasting came under attack from several members of Congress, who criticized a wide range of documentaries on PBS,
- March 20, 2017URGENT! If you care about the National Endowment for the Arts, the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- March 16, 2017The International Documentary Association expresses profound dismay at the recent proposed federal budget eliminating funding for the National