- September 15, 2017Vietnam looms large in the American psyche. It was a war with no news blackouts or selectively embedded journalists, and it was discussed at the
- November 12, 2015IDA is thrilled to be co-presenting "Archival & Survival," a daylong series of panel discussions at DOC NYC on Nov 17th that spotlights a number
- May 12, 2015While the 22nd annual edition of Hot Docs , North America's largest documentary festival, screened over 200 films from April 23 to May 3 in Toronto,
- November 19, 2014This year’s recipient of IDA’s Preservation and Scholarship Award is Cambodian director Rithy Panh, 60, whose most recent autobiographical film, The
- December 21, 2013"The idea was simple and big. Capturing drama in real life could allow viewers to experience other worlds with their own senses. Carrying out that
- September 30, 2013'Let the Film Burn' opens October 2 in New York City.
- August 11, 2013Stephen Parr, founder of Oddball Film & Video. Courtesy of Stephen Parr Perhaps the most notable changes in film archives and stock footage