- March 29, 2014Music supervision is one of those coveted jobs by individuals who are passionate about music and who sense they can match songs with images. Driving
- February 18, 2014Over the last decade, there has been an explosion of music documentaries finding their way to both the big and small screens. Making one is in many
- January 30, 2014In today's fast-paced and budget-conscious entertainment industry, increased programming and production opportunities in film, television, radio and
- January 26, 2014Filmmakers have often told me that they find the scoring process to be one of the most daunting aspects of making movies. Even some seasoned
- March 3, 2013Documentary filmmakers who use archival materials fall into two basic categories: those who are savvy about rights clearance issues and those who
- February 1, 2011Approximately $270 million is collected annually in the United States for the single purpose of compensating television program copyright holders for
- July 1, 2008A short primer on music licensing, clearances and rights.
- June 30, 2005This past year has been a watermark year for documentarians, with documentaries moving more and more into the mainstream of public awareness and
- June 30, 2005Documentaries about 20th century artists are rarely produced these days, and for a very good reason: The filmmakers can't afford to pay for rights.