Inside the IDA
- February 5, 2020When IDA launched the Enterprise Documentary Fund at Sundance 2017, the festival coincided with the Women's March and Trump's inauguration. The
- December 5, 2019My name is Paul. I enjoy a good movie and consider myself the “George Costanza” of films. Over the years while watching the Oscars, they would name
- September 25, 2019Apply by October 25, 2019 for fellowship is designed to enhance opportunities for writers from underserved and underrepresented communities to participate in the editorial planning process at, and contribute content to Documentary magazine.
- September 24, 2019Thirty-seven years since IDA was launched, the documentary form has soared in popularity, keeping us attuned, informed and endlessly curious. Not
- May 18, 2019Filmmaker Pare Lorentz believed movies held enormous potential for social justice and education. In his 1936 film The Plow That Broke the Plains ,
- March 25, 2019Note the date: February 6, 1982, when, at the instigation of filmmaker and psychotherapist Linda Buzzell, 75 docmakers gathered in Los Angeles for a
- January 9, 2019
IDA announced the appointment of Aaron Saidman and Vinnie Malhotra as new members of its Board of Directors. Saidman is the Co-Founder & President of The Intellectual Property Corporation (IPC), as well as the President of Industrial Media. Malhotra is the SVP of Documentaries, Unscripted, and Sports Programming at Showtime Networks.