- December 21, 2011Our last Doc U seminar of the year focused on the art of the interview.
- November 28, 2011Like almost all of the subjects he has explored in his sublime, handcrafted works over six decades of filmmaking, Les Blank is a master of an art
- May 1, 2011The use of re-enactment in documentary is as old as the form itself, yet it remains persistently controversial, and there is nothing else that better
- July 18, 2010Over the next month, we at IDA will be introducing our community to the filmmakers whose work is represented in the DocuWeeks TM Theatrical
- October 31, 2005We are pulling this article from the archive to promote our upcoming Doc U: Shooting Overseas: Making Your Doc on Foreign Soil at the AFCI Locations
- June 30, 2004Documentary filmmakers have been blowing smoke—figuratively and sometimes literally—right from the beginning. For their 1898 re-creation of the
- May 31, 2004Popular music is the soundtrack of modern life. But there's a perceived conflict in the creation of such art: in order to be successful, musicians