- March 4, 2021Looking Back—2020 The Sundance Film Festival is the largest and, arguably, the most prestigious festival in the country. The job of the Sundance
- February 17, 2021In 2015, the Sundance Institute launched a new initiative to support “inventive artistic practice” in documentary called Art of Nonfiction. After
- March 10, 2020The swan song for John Cooper, following his stellar, three-decades-long tenure at the Sundance Film Festival , including 11 years at the helm, was
- January 3, 2019
The works of four IDA grantees will have their world premieres at the upcoming 2019 Sundance Film Festival. The films are all directed by women and include IDA Enterprise Documentary Fund Production Grantees Knock Down The House directed by Rachel Lears and One Child Nation directed by Nanfu Wang and Jialing Zhang, as well as IDA Enterprise Documentary Fund Development Grantee Life Overtakes Me, a Netflix Originals short documentary directed by John Haptas and Kristine Samuelson.
- May 1, 2018The 2018 Sundance Film Festival kicked off for me at the Firelight Media party at the Kickstarter Lodge, with a fired-up crowd anticipating the Women
- March 28, 2018Finding refuge from the cacophony of New Frontier in the basement of the Kimball Art Center, I sat down with Chief Curator Shari Frilot to discuss
- March 27, 2018Documentary Virtual Reality (VR) has finally arrived. Among the 24 projects being exhibited at the 2018 Sundance Film Festival's New Frontier program