Protecting and advancing the legal rights of documentary filmmakers is central to the International Documentary Association's mission. IDA is at the forefront of numerous major issues confronting documentary artists, activists and journalists. Recent efforts have focused on promoting net neutrality, fair use and government arts funding, as well as defending filmmakers’ first amendment rights.
- March 16, 2017The International Documentary Association expresses profound dismay at the recent proposed federal budget eliminating funding for the National
- December 14, 2016December 14, 2016 Public Relations Department Corporate Communications Division Canon One Canon Park Melville, NY 11747 Dear Canon, We, the
- October 10, 2016The Civil Rights Division of the U.S. Department of Justice has responded to the IDA's recent Statement in Support of #RightToRecord , which called
- September 26, 2016*/ Editor’s Note: The complete PDF of this Survey, conducted by the Center for Media & Social Impact in collaboration with IDA, is available at
- September 20, 2016The arts and creative practices are inextricably embedded in American life, are uniquely positioned to tell the story of our nation’s people, and are
- August 9, 2016The Israel Broadcasting Authority , the state’s longtime public broadcasting network, was scheduled to close this coming fall, making way for an