- December 8, 2021At the end of August 2021, the images of frantic Afghanis crowding Kabul airport were a stark reminder of the despair with which people flee their
- June 14, 2019 @
In the Docs Get Graphic Master Class, Emmy-nominated filmmaker Neil Berkeley explores using graphic design and animation to enhance a documentary's visual grammar and bring characters and narratives to life. Berkeley demystifies simple to complex design elements that bring an artistic and...
- August 23, 2017Animation's history within the realm of documentary is a long and storied one, but to this day its origin is still a matter of contention. Although
- June 28, 2016The first time I met Oscar-winning documentary director Roger Ross Williams was in the lobby of the W Hotel on Hollywood Boulevard. It was 2014 and
- August 26, 2013 @
Filmmakers, editors, and graphics designers gather to discuss why utilizing graphics can be an important component in telling your story.
- March 18, 2009A growing sub-genre of documentary film, the animated documentary poses a network of challenging, existential questions for the form. And while
- December 3, 2008Israeli director Ari Folman can't remember the time he spent as a 20-year-old IDF soldier during Israel's invasion of Lebanon in 1982. When a fellow