Documentary production, distribution and audience consumption have shifted further into the mainstream than ever before, with original documentary features and series being produced across large and small distributors alike. And yet, despite new opportunities for nonfiction storytellers and...
- July 1, 2019 @
- September 26, 2018Click Here For Full Report The State of the Documentary Field initiative was shaped by the Center for Media & Social Impact , in collaboration
- March 6, 2018The line that traditionally separated documentary filmmakers from journalists increasingly is becoming blurred, if not erased. As the disciplines
- February 22, 2018Overview Culture paints a portrait of what we celebrate and who is worthy of our attention. As cultural critic and journalist Mary McNamara stated, "
- February 14, 2018By Caty Borum Chattoo and Will Jenkins Center for Media & Social Impact Contemporary social-issue documentary films are available to the public
- May 2, 2017By Caty Borum Chattoo & Will Jenkins, Center for Media & Social Impact When Movies Go to Washington: Documentary Films & Public Policy in
- September 26, 2016*/ Editor’s Note: The complete PDF of this Survey, conducted by the Center for Media & Social Impact in collaboration with IDA, is available at
- January 1, 2010A new report from the Center for Social Media: "Honest Truths: Documentary Filmmakers on Ethical Challenges in Their Work."