- September 21, 2014'The Boomer List' premieres September 23 on PBS' 'American Masters.'
- March 24, 2014From Sebastian Junger and Tim Hethrington's Restrepo . Photo: Tim Hethrington When filmmakers discuss "shooting," they usually mean "using a camera
- January 27, 2014 @
No other relationship is more central to the success of your project than the one with your cinematographer; yet, the skills, tools, and insights of most DPs are somewhat mysterious to the rest of us.
Emmy award-winning filmmaker Greg Barker (Koran by Heart) moderates an eye-...
- November 29, 2012The chopping sound of helicopter blades hovers over a black screen, feeling less like an entrance than a continuous perpetual drone, a cloud that
- August 9, 2012Samsara is the third non-verbal film Ron Fricke and I have made, the others being Chronos (1985) and Baraka (1992). These films have taken us in
- August 7, 2012In the opening montage of Side by Side , a new documentary directed by Chris Kenneally, co-producer/narrator/interviewer Keanu Reeves explains to
- May 13, 2012The Feeling of Being There: A Filmmaker's Memoir By Richard Leacock Edited by Valerie LaLonde Semeion Editions, 2011: 357 pages with black and white