- March 15, 2021While the documentary field has only become more and more inclusive over the last few years, the more formative role of women in the documentary
- October 28, 2020 @
The co-director of Outcry and Whisper, Zeng Jinyan, discusses how women breakthrough systems that erase humanity. She explores the concept that dignity shines in vulnerability. Zeng wrote the script for the animation short A Poem to Liu Xia (Trish McAdam 2015), and...
- July 29, 2020I am a white female filmmaker, a director of documentary films. Women, especially white women, have traditionally done better in documentaries than
- March 23, 2020 @
In documentaries, women dominate the roster of editors working on the most compelling films and television series. To understand the current landscape in documentary editing, from the perspective of acclaimed female editors, we invited Kate Amend (The Keepers, The Case Against 8);...
- March 3, 2020In 2016 documentary filmmaker Senain Kheshgi was approached to make a series of short films in collaboration with Save The Children, Johnson &
- February 16, 2019If you are an urban Indian woman, chances are that you’ve been asked at some point to desist from touching or staining or entering spaces while on
- October 4, 2018The #MeToo movement has seen investigations, arrests and convictions across media as the public conversation shifts. For women, things are getting
- September 27, 2018As the conference is named Getting Real and this dispatch is of a more personal nature, my job here is to, yes, keep it real. That’s why I must