- April 1, 2019 @
Accuracy, facts and fairness are hallmarks of nonfiction storytelling and sacrosanct in journalism. Documentary filmmakers are obliged to follow local, state and federal laws and may be subject to legal complaints and lawsuits. In the early civil discovery process, depositions are held out-of-...
- March 29, 2019If news media is to be believed, America is currently besieged by a state of nearly intractable divisiveness that some believe may be signaling the
- June 12, 2018Following the 2016 presidential election, there was a lot of hand-wringing across several industries about “what we missed.” Journalists in
- June 7, 2018The term "the fourth estate" was coined by long-time New York Times columnist William Safire, "to put the press on an equal footing with the greatest
- May 1, 2018The 2018 Sundance Film Festival kicked off for me at the Firelight Media party at the Kickstarter Lodge, with a fired-up crowd anticipating the Women
- April 20, 2018The Center for Media at Risk is the brainchild of Barbie Zelizer, Ph.D, professor of communication at the Annenberg School for Communication at