- April 18, 2018Student interest in college courses focusing on documentary media has never been higher. Why? Certainly, "documenting" their lives via Instagram and
- March 26, 2018Ashley O'Shay, a recent graduate of Northwestern University, found a compelling subject in her own backyard for her first feature-length documentary
- March 6, 2018The line that traditionally separated documentary filmmakers from journalists increasingly is becoming blurred, if not erased. As the disciplines
- March 1, 2018
March 1, 2018 (Los Angeles, CA) - Today, the International Documentary Association and National Endowment for the Arts, in partnership with the Jonathan B. Murray Center for Documentary Journalism...
- November 10, 2017In 2010, a charismatic, Minnesota-based Iraq War veteran named David Crowley began work on his debut film project, a paranoid action film about a
- October 20, 2017
Los Angeles, CA – October 20, 2017– Last night, at the Double Exposure Investigative Film Festival, the International Documentary Association (IDA) announced that eleven feature-length documentary...
- September 28, 2017From Black Lives Matter to Standing Rock, the question of who has the "right" to tell a community’s story has been endlessly debated this year, with
- September 28, 2017Talal Derki is making a film in an area so dangerous, he and his wife must treat each departure as if it might be his last. After all, he explains, "